Select Discussion Episodes from Multidisciplinary Research Projects Design Session
In 2018, School of Advanced Studies at the University of Tyumen selected its new faculty by asking candidates from 10 countries to self-organize in teams and offer project ideas for intense discussion with expert audience.
Click here if you are interested in applying for a job at SAS and joining this discussion next year.
- 0:06 — Project Design Session Goals
- 3:20 — What Is Multidisciplinarity?
- 6:03 — Session Participants
- 6:52 — Brave New World: Co-Evolution of Technology and Humanity /technological vulnerabilities, Anthropocene, biohacking/
- 22:50 — Rethinking Citizenship /existential belonging, alternatives, refugees/
- 38:39 — Naked Soldier /violence, vulnerability, automated warfare/
- 56:33 — Inner Life /loneliness, the public and the private, education/
- 1:17:18 — Reimagining Citizenship /existential belonging, antiquity, concept and institutions/
- 1:37:53 — First Contact /bacteria, whales, natives, aliens/
- 2:04:35 — Communities /social disintegration, generations, gaps/
- 2:16:08 — First Contact – 2 /rapport, empirical experiment, smell, sex, multidisciplinarity/
- 2:34:45 — Reimagining Citizenship: Towards an Existential Belonging /big data, power structures, non-belonging, animals and humans/
- 2:58:38 — Winning Projects
- 2:58:48 — New SAS Faculty
- 3:00:01 — Bonus: Duskin’s workout